Friday 28 September 2018

Mr. Flower's Music Blog

Hello St. Jude's Parents,
we made it through another week at St. Jude's and am happy to have seen a lot of silliness! I walk through the halls and small children follow me around and always say hello, give me hugs, and smile at me from a distance. It is nice to feel loved! I also got my first hand-made card from 3 Gr.2 students and it melted my heart. I am so happy to play a part in their lives. This is what we did this week:


JK: we are working hard on memorizing the words to Old McDonald(which I renamed to be "Old McFlower". Kids are expected to sing this song out loud and dance to it. It is a lot of fun!

SK: These students have spent a lot of time learning the notes on the Treble clef but this week I introduced the Bass clef. I always write out notes on the board and this week the notes we played were the song "The Wheels on the Bus". They are doing well so far!

Gr.1: This unit is called "Melody" and these students are learn
ing how to play "Frere Jacques" on the xylophone. It is a little tricky at first but I am hoping that the more they do it the better they will get.

Gr.2: These students are learning about the Major and Minor scales. This week I have introduced the Minor scale to them and seeing if they can tell the difference between this and the Major scale. I think they are "getting it". I have also introduced the metronome to them. This can be very tricky but it is important for students to play music well. And that means playing music in "time".

Gr.3: These students are having the time of their lives with the "EAR TRAINING" unit. Students(in groups of 3) have been coming to the front of the class to sing together(in harmony) and it has been a lot of fun. They are learning some very important musical lessons that even some grown adult musicians don't understand! Some of these students are doing really well.
          Check in next week to hear for stories and see more fun pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Flower's Music Blog December 7

Hello p arents of SJA, It has been a busy week(as usual) for the teachers at SJA. We have been busy prepping for the big Christmas ...