Friday 21 September 2018

Mr. Flower's blog September 17-21

Hello!
Another week has passed by at St. Jude's Academy and it was filled with a lot of fun! We rocked out hard in our classes and had a lot of fun learning about music!


JK: we are having a lot of fun singing some old classics like Old McDonald, the Itsy Bitsy Spider and a few other songs I made up. These young students really love music and I think they like me too!

SK: SK students are learning how to read notes from the Treble Clef and soon we will be learning about the Bass Clef. I reward these well-behaved kids with some silly songs that I play on the guitar.

GR 1: This unit is called Melody and we are focusing on singing songs that have a strong melody in it. Students are being called to the front of the class to sing their favourite songs!

GR 2: This is a really great grade and they are able to understand the difference between a Major and Minor scale. Students come to the front of the class and play a Major scale and earn a sticker from me for doing a good job!

GR 3: Students are having the time of their lives in my class! We are working on their EAR TRAINING unit and are learning how to sing notes correctly. Students come to the front of the class to sing notes and harmonize with me and other class mates. We are having so much fun!

Check in next week for another fun blog with fun pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mr. Flower's Music Blog December 7

Hello p arents of SJA, It has been a busy week(as usual) for the teachers at SJA. We have been busy prepping for the big Christmas ...